This Privacy Statement covers two types of data we collect:
Usage of this website
Personal and site usage information we collect from visitors to this website.
Personal information we may collect from our clients in the course of providing a debt solution service.
Usage of This Website
We collect two kinds of information from visitors to this website
- Personal Information via telephone & submitted enquiries.
- Site Usage Information from cookies and log files.
How We Use Your Personal Information.
In making an enquiry on this website, you are accepting our need to share your information. We may need to contact other companies within our Group to service your enquiry. We may need to pass your information to our finance suppliers, agents and/or other third parties.
Once we have replied to your initial enquiry, we keep it on record for 12 months for reference, marketing and auditing purposes. If you enter into further discussion with us, your information will be kept indefinitely and we will contact you annually to update it.
You have a legal right to instruct us not to contact you for marketing purposes.
To do so, please write to:
Compliance, Blue Pit Mill, Castleton, Rochdale, OL11 2YB
Third Party Cookies
In places on this site we embed functionality and content from the likes of YouTube, Facebook and Twitter etc. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Harrington Brooks does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Third Party Sites
Like Cookies, log files allow us to record usage of this site. We use this information for analytical purposes as understanding patterns of user behaviour helps us improve our website. Log files do not contain personal information and they are not used to identify individual patterns of use of the site.
Below details the personal information we collect from, and how we protect of privacy of, our clients.
What Personal Information is collected?
Debt Correct collects only information which is absolutely necessary to providing a debt solution service:-
- Personal details. Name, address, date of birth, contact information etc.
- Creditors and statuses of the accounts held with them.
- Household income and expenditure statement.
- Other financial information depending on the solution provided.
How we use Personal Information
- The personal and financial information supplied to us is used strictly in connection with the service provided and for no other purposes.
- We require written consent before any disclosure of information can be provided to any third party.
- Only information that is specific and relative to the written authority may be provided to any third party.
- We only keep information for as long as is necessary.
- Once the service is concluded, no further information shall be given to any third party, without written consent.
- If we receive a request for the removal of any confidential, personal or financial information from a file, Harrington Brooks has an obligation to remove it immediately.
How we protect Personal Information
We have data privacy guidelines in which staff are trained and required to adhere to. All calls are recorded (and securely stored) for monitoring and training purposes to ensure continuing compliance. This includes, but is not limited to:-
- Ensuring that when a staff member is speaking to a client, they confirm that it is the client in person they are speaking to.
- Ensure that client’s financial and personal details are kept strictly confidential, including from family, friends, neighbours or employers.
- When phoning a client at their home or place of work, our staff must not disclose where they are calling from, but simply state that it is a personal call.
- If a message must be left, our staff must only leave a first name and a telephone contact number. The nature of the call should not be disclosed.
- The client’s telephone numbers must not be disclosed to any third party, without the written consent of the client.
- The client’s home address must only be provided, with the client’s written consent, to an appropriate third party, to which the information is relevant.
- Under no circumstances should the client’s employment details be provided to any third party.
Sharing Client Data
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because Harrington Brooks has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
If you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes we may phone you and use other communications relating to products and services which we think will be of interest and benefit to you as an individual.
Access to Your Information
You have a legal right to see any information we hold about you.
For a copy of your record there is an £10 admin fee.
To see your records, please write to:
Compliance, Debt Correct, Blue Pit Mill, Queensway, Castleton, Rochdale, OL11 2YB